A Passion for Education
Sustained leadership is essential in these key areas:
- Construction to accommodate future enrollment growth
- Critical budget decisions, as more students enter our schools
- Support for struggling students and mental health services
- Ongoing teacher support for new curriculum requirements
I recently co-chaired the successful campaign to pass MVLA’s Measure E. The bond money will ensure that our district is equipped to handle 500 additional students. My strong record of leadership in education began with my involvement in an elementary school parent-teacher association. I moved into elected positions when I won a seat on the Mountain View Whisman School District Board of Trustees in 2004.
I remained on the board through 2012. My experience in education also includes serving as:
- Mountain View Los Altos High School District Trustee, 2014-18
- Chair, Mountain View Whisman School District bond measure, 2012
- Treasurer, Santa Clara County School Boards Association, 2006-08 and 2018-19
I am a graduate of the California School Boards Association’s Masters in Governance program; Leadership Mountain View (2005) and Los Altos LEAD (Leadership, Education and Advancement, 2015).
I hold bachelor’s and master’s degrees in engineering from Stanford University, and I am a 24-year Mountain View resident and the mother of two recent Mountain View High School graduates.
I would be honored to have your vote.